再牽紅線

clip_image001
餐廳裡有個男子正在整理餐桌。。
clip_image002
Charles
You see a young peasant with a tray of wine glasses.
Name
"I am Charles."
Job
"I am a servant in Lord British's castle. I serve as a gentleman's gentleman, among other things. Right now I am serving wine."
Servant
"My family has been employed by Lord British for many years. My father, Bennie, once held the position I now hold. He is the head servant. I shall be head servant one day, I suppose. Then perhaps my sweetheart will love me."
Wine
"Wouldst thou like some wine?"
Yes
"'Tis on the house." Charles hands you and your friends glasses of wine.
Family
"Thou wilt encounter them. My mother cooks in the kitchen. My prudish sister is the chambermaid."
Sweetheart
Charles sighs. He is clearly smitten. "She is Jeanette. She works in the Blue Boar. But I am afraid I am not 'up to her standards'. I believe she has her eye set on someone else. I do not know what to do about it."
Jeanette
"She does not love me, I know. She would rather marry a rich man. I have not a chance."
Bye
Charles nods his head at you, then goes about his business.
clip_image003
跑到藍野豬酒吧,幫忙探聽Jeanette心意。
clip_image004
Jeanette
"Hello again!" bubbly Jeanette says.
Charles
"He spoke of me, did he? Well, he may think again! I cannot bringing myself to socialize with the upper class. Those bourgeoisie rich men are obnoxious and egotistical. Besides, I am in love with another."
Upper class
"They are all alike. They work in castle and have piles of gold and can have woman they want! On the other hand, a humble merchant is the perfect man."
Another
"'Tis Willy the Baker! But he does not know it yet!" she giggles.
clip_image005
Lucy
"A moment, Jeanette! Thou hast it all wrong! Charles is a -servant-! Thou art an ignoramus! Charles is not 'upper class'! He is as working class as thee! 'Tis Willy who is the rich merchant! If thou dost ask me, 'tis Willy who is obnoxious and egotistical. Charles is a dream!"
clip_image004[1]
Jeanette
Jeanette thinks about what was said. "Thou art right! I cannot believe I have been so blind! Oh, Charles! I can actually consider Charles! And he is... So Handsome!" Jeanette squeals with delight." I shall have to flirt with him in earnest next time he is in the pub!"
Bye
"Farewell!"
clip_image006
回頭跟Charles報喜。
clip_image002[1]
Charles
"Hello, Avatar."
Thou art in luck
You tell Charles what Jeanette said.
"Really? Thou dost mean I have a chance?" Charles becomes so excited he nearly drops his tray. "Oh, I thank thee, Avatar, for giving me this hopeful news! I must run and send her flowers or some gift! I must declare my love!" He turns away from you, obviously walking on clouds.



閱讀Charles房間裡書籍。

------------------------------------
WHAT A FOOL BELIEVES

by P. Nolan

    Within the pages of this book is the story of bard, a blonde, and a bottle -- the perfect combination for a classic tale of the war between the sexes.
------------------------------------

沒有留言:

張貼留言