皇家果園

 

126
來到一旁的皇家果園。

 

Figg
Figg
      You see a man whose wrinkled face forms a caricature of grumpiness.
name
      "I am Figg."
job
      "I am the caretaker of the Royal Orchards here in Britain."
caretaker
      "My responsibilities include caring for the trees, watching over the pickers at harvest time and protecting the Royal Orchard from thieves."
thieves
      "They would rob us down to the last twig if I gave them the chance! I should be awarded a medal from Lord British himself the way I risk my very life and limb protecting this orchard. Why, I just caught another thief recently. His name was Weston."
Weston
      "He now resides in the prison, thanks to me! I knew what he was up to from the moment I saw him! He had the look of a hardened apple thief so I had him nicked by the town guard."
prison
     "Yes, Weston is now living in our local prison. If thou dost not believe me, thou canst go there and see for thyself!"
apple thief
      "Oh, he came here with some sob story. But when one is as astute an observer of human behavior as I am, one can tell the true intent of people, which is often contrary to what they will say to thee!"
sob story
      "I do not recall, exactly. Something about his impoverished wife and family starving to death in Paws or some load of rubbish."
observer
      "Yes, I do consider myself to be a more than passable judge of character. And dost thou know how I became so?
No
      "Then I shall tell thee! I am a member of The Fellowship!"
      "The Fellowship is the philosophical group devoted to the teachings of a truly great man named Batlin. In the absence of the Avatar, Batlin has become a sort of spiritual father for the people of Britannia. Through his speeches and writings he has changed the lives of many people, including my own." 
Royal Orchards
      "Here are grown the finest apples in all of Britannia. I would let thee sample one but it would be against the law as thou art obviously not of noble stock."
pickers
      "Most of them are migrant farmers from Paws. Because they were once farmers, they are convinced they know more about the upkeep of the orchard than I! Of course that is preposterous. Also the pickers do not take orders very well."
trees
      "Apple trees require constant care. I must make sure the trees all have enough water but not too much. I must keep all trees properly trimmed and be watchful so that the crop does not get infested by bugs or worms. I am also required to pick up all of the fallen apples, which is a job in itself."
bye
      "I can see that thou shouldst be on thy way."

沒有留言:

張貼留言