出售笑話的乞丐

 

113
剛步出友誼會大門,迎面走來一位乞丐。

 

Snaz
Snaz
      You see a filthy beggar who flashes you a grin as though you were his best friend in the whole world.
name
      "I am called Snaz."
job
      "I have no job for I am a beggar. For a gold coins I shall tell thee a joke."
beggar
      "When I was just a little boy I was made an orphan and left homeless and penniless. That was a joke life played on me. 'Tis a funny joke, eh? But I would not charge thee a gold piece for that one."
tell a joke
      "Dost thou wish to hear one?"
Yes
      "All right, here is one..."
Fellowship joke
      "I was discussing philosophy with a Fellowship member the other day and he asked me, 'What, in thine opinion, is the height of stupidity?."
      "So I said, 'I do not know. How tall art thou?'"
     "No, really, I make sport of The Fellowship, but I mean it sincerely..."
Fellowship
      "That is what I dearly love The Fellowship. They could always take a joke!"
      "And from what I hear they play funny jokes themselves! Like the joke they played in Trinsic!"
Lord British joke
      "For a gold I will tell thee another. Dost thou wish to hear it?"
Yes
      "I was at the castle of Lord British the other day and I noticed he has three large pools. So I asked why he doth have three of them."
      "He pointed to the first one and said the first was to swim in cool water."
      "The second was for friends to swim in warm water."
      "I noticed that the third pool was empty and I asked him why."
      "He said that it was for people who could not swim!"
Lord British
      "Poor Lord British! When faced with a gigantic menace that threatens his entire kingdom he is an extremely capable ruler."
      "But what happens when there are a myriad of smaller things that all threaten the welfare of his people indirectly?"
      "There is a riddle for thee to solve!"
Weston joke
      "For a gold coins I will tell thee another. Dost thou wish to hear it?"
Yes
      "A man named Weston came to me deep in perplexity."
      "He told me he wanted to steal some apples from the Royal Orchards but if he did he would feel bad about it in the morning."
      "So I gave him this advice -- sleep until noon!"
Weston
      "Weston now sits in the castle prison, where he shall most certainly rot for the rest of his life. Heh-heh-heh!"
      "Try as I might, I cannot best that little jest!"
mage joke
      "For a gold coins I will tell thee another. Dost thou wish to hear it?"
Yes
      "Whilst travelling on the road I came across a mage."
      "He looked as if he had not eaten for days and complained of terrible pain in his stomach."
      "So I told him his stomach was empty. If he put something in it he would feel better."
      "Later he complained to me of a headache. I said his headache was caused by a similar problem as his stomach."
      "No doubt it did hurt him so because, being a mage, there was nothing left in it!"
mages
      "All of the mages have gone daft or mad! What other proper response is there in a world that is so terrifically funny?!"
Sullivan joke
      "Thou art a brave Avatar! Dost thou wish to hear another?"
Yes
      "Didst thou knowest that the notorious Sullivan the Trickster recently became a father?"
      "It is true! They say the baby has his father's eyes and his mother's nose, but they made the baby give them back."
Sullivan
      "Yes, I know the man they call Sullivan the Trickster! In fact thou dost remind me of him!"
      "Or does he remind me of thee?"
      "He is so tricky that just talking about him has caused me to trick myself! Heh-Hee-Haa!"
gold joke
      "I have amused thee so far! Wouldst thou like to hear another? It is a joke about gold!"
Yes
      "Thank thee very much! Now, goodbye!"
      "Dost thou get it? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! If not, it would be my pleasure to repeat it."
      "Wouldst thou like to hear the gold joke again?"
Yes
      "Now listen carefully..."
      "Thank thee very much! Now, goodbye!"
      "Dost thou get it? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! If not, it would be my pleasure to repeat it."
      "Wouldst thou like to hear the gold joke again?"
No
      "I see thou art becoming wise to the ways of show business, milord. Good day to thee!"

沒有留言:

張貼留言