超越時代的醫術

 

110
到上頭的醫護所。

 

Csil or Abrams
Csil
      You see a healer who looks wise and honest.
      "I have been looking forward to thine arrival, Avatar. Word spreads quickly. I am pleased to meet thee!"
name
      "I am Csil the Healer, although in a past life I was known as Abrams. I became Csil when I was advanced."
advanced
      "When my name was Abrams, I lived on the island of New Magincia and did mine apprentice work there. My practice grew, and soon I was travelling by ship to Moonglow to see patients there."
patients
      "Soon I had patients on three islands. It was then that Lord British received word of my practice."
Lord British
      "Well, Lord British himself was struck down with some sort of malady. He sent for me. I arrived at the castle as soon as I could leave my patients, and I examined the king. It appeared to me that something had infested his blood. I have a theory about it, which I am convinced is correct. Others, however, do not share my view."
theory
      "I believe that most sicknesses are caused by tiny living things. We cannot see these things with the naked eye. However, I am working on developing an instrument which -can- see these creatures. I believe that someday, healing will not depend on magic at all, but on some form of treatment which makes one less vulnerable to these living creatures. Since these animals are biological, I call this theorized treatment 'antibiotics'. What dost thou think, Avatar? Am I on the right track?"
Yes
      "Good. I thought so."
others
      "There is a group of people who do not encourage my studies. We do not get along at all. I think they have something against healers which goes beyond simple distrust. Dost thou know whom I mean."
Yes
      Csil nods. "I thought so. The Fellowship is not... quite what they seem."
Fellowship
      "They have a doctrine which outlines their beliefs. They believe if one is faced with pain, then he has no choice but to go through it in order to be a 'better person'. I do not agree with this. No one should ever go through needless pain. But... they are entitled to their own opinions."
practice
      "My practice grew swiftly. I am a modest man, but I do not mind saying that I was a popular healer."


Shamino
Shamino
      "He is probably the best healer in all Britannia. Why, he cured a, er, particular problem I had in no time at all."


Iolo
Iolo
      "Oh? What problem was that?"


Shamino
Shamino
      "Never mind. The whole world does not need to know about it."


Csil or Abrams
job
      "I am Britain's Healer, and have been for many years. If thou wishest to employ my services, please say so. I shall be only too happy to help."
services
      "I am qualified to heal, cure poison, and resurrect. Art thou interested in one of these services?"
No
      "If thou hast need of my services later, I will be here."
bye
      "Goodbye, Avatar."

 

閱讀屋裡書籍。

THE BIOPARAPWYSICS OF THE HEALING ARTS

by Lady Leigh

      Within this rather in-depth and complex look at healing are the ideas considered to be -the- definitive text on healing wounds, curing poison, and resurrecting the recently dead. Within can be found suggested remedies for any known sickness in Britannia, including the dreaded Zoradin's Disease, which causes a loss of vision followed by an extreme sensitivity to noise.

      In addition, the book lists a few of the after-effects of healing and curing, such as an increase in appetite, intense restlessness, and slight dizzy spells. Though not for good as an introduction to healing for beginners, the tome is perfect for the seasoned healer.

 

THE APOTWECARY'S DESK REFERENCE

by Fetoau

       It is the author's expectation that thou art reading this familiarize thyself with the effects of various potions based on their color. The first part of this work will   discuss such aspects, with the remaining pages covering the materials and steps required to make such alchemal creations.

                                  Definitions:

Black potion: Drinking this will render the individual invisible for several minutes.
Blue potion: This mixture will put the imbiber into a deep sleep.
Orange potion: This potion will awaken an individual who was magically put to sleep.
Purple potion: This concoction will provide magical protection for several minutes of hard fighting.
White potion: This potion will provide a small bit of illumination, much like a candle, for a few minutes.
Yellow potion: This powerful mixture will give healing aid to the imbiber's wounds.

WARNING: Green potion: This potion is a dangerous toxin, and will poison the imbiber, possibly killing the individual.
Red potion: This fabulous drink will cure most poisons, including those acquired from the slugs in the swamps and that gained from drinking a GREEN potion.

      This next section details how one can best recreate these uncanny concoctions...

 

THE ARTS OF FIELD DRESSING

by Creston
Forward by Lady Leigh

      Though I personally advocate the use of healing herbs and more sterile bandaging environments, the steps told in this treatise will suffice until better healing care becomes available. Follow Creston's steps carefully, and thou wilt have no trouble forming a reliable, if not perfect, way to prevent serious blood-loss. Remember, however, that there is no care as good as clean sheets, a sturdy bed, and proper attention!
-- Lady Leigh of Serpent's Hold

      As long as one has shears, cloth, and a conscious mind, thou wilt have little fear of bleeding to death on the corpse-littered field of battle. Simply cut the cloth into strips and bandages. Quickly placing the center of the bandage over the wound, wrap the strip around and around the bleeding area. As the cloth begins to soak up the blood, it will combine with the natural healing aspects of the body to staunch the flow of blood and quicken the healing process. In no time at all, thou wilt be ready to travel again (though I advise this travel to be to the house of a competent healer!).

沒有留言:

張貼留言