卸任市長

 

127
來到城東方的農場。

 

Brownie
Brownie
      You see a farmer who, despite showing considerable wear from hard work, appears energetic, cheerful and friendly.
name
      "I am Brownie."
job
      "Well, I ran for the office of Mayor of Britain once, but I lost. Now I am back doing what I have been doing since I was a boy. Working the farm."
Mayor
      "Patterson won the election. He spent a lot of money on his campaign. Most of it to buy votes. But I am not bitter. I was just not meant to be Mayor."
Patterson
      "Patterson courted the support of The Fellowship. They forced a vote from all their members. Once word spread, my support drained away. No one wants to be on the losing side." Brownie sighs.
Fellowship
      "If thou art not with The Fellowship thou art against them. I think they saw me as a potential enemy that had to be stopped."
losing
      "Of course, I could have won the election if I had wanted to. I had information about Patterson that would have ruined any chances of him winning."
information
      "I could have revealed a secret about Patterson but if I did it would have hurt someone close to him very much. I did not want to be mayor that badly."
secret
      "Patterson does little to hide his secret. If thou dost keep any eye on him thou wilt surely learn of it sooner or later."
election
      "I do not really have any wish to succeed in politics. It just made me ill seeing all of the people with riches mistreat all of the people who are poor, and then have to listen to them talk about how the class system has been abolished."
farm
      "I feel more at home on the farm growing vegetables. There is another farmer named Mack who works a farm near Britain as well. He raises chickens."
Mack
      "I like him. He even voted for me. But to tell thee the truth about Mack, he is a lunatic."
vegetables
      "I raise pumpkins. But I am in a bind at the moment and need some help."
bind
      "I strained my back the other day lifting heavy pumpkins. I cannot so much as life a small one today! And I need help with the harvest of pumpkins so that I can get them to the market."
help
      "There are piles of pumpkins at the north end of the field. I need them brought down near my farmhouse. If thou wilt help me by bringing the pumpkins to me, I will gladly pay thee for thy work. How does one gold coin for every pumpkin carried sound?"
Yes
      "How nice! A helper! Please, feel free to start work at any time!"
bye
      "Good day, milord."

 

128
到北邊的南瓜田拿取南瓜。

 

129
將南瓜交給Brownie。

 

Brownie
Brownie
      "Hello again, milord," Brownie greets you.
pumpkins
      "Excellent! Hast thou brought some pumpkins for me?"
Yes
      "Very good! Let me see how many thou dost have..."
      "Lovely! 27! That means I owe thee 27 gold. Here thou art! I shall take the pumpkins from thee now!"
      "Come back and work for me at any time!"

沒有留言:

張貼留言