雜貨商

 

108
來到位於Park Square North旁的物品供應商。

 

Greg
Greg
      You see a gleeful-looking merchant with an enthusiastic voice and manner.
name
      "Why, my name is Greg. It is good to see thee."
job
      "Why, I run the Provisioner's Shop here in Britain. A second home to the intrepid, it is."
Provisioner's Shop
      "Why, thou dost look to be a person to whom adventure is no stranger. Whether thou art climbing a mountain, sailing the ocean, crossing a desert, exploring a dungeon or sleeping under the stars I have just what thou mayest need."
need
      "What every adventurer needs is good lick! There is just something about this shop, about the items bought here, something about me and my shop that is simply very lucky. I can give thee an example of what I mean."
lucky
      "My customers are all people who go out and perform dangerous feats of bravery and derring-do. But most keep returning to buy more provisions time and again. With all the dangerous things my customers do, it is a wonder I have not lost them all and gone out of business!"
example
      "A fighting man named Gorn once bought a shovel from me and he told me that it saved his life."
Gorn
      "Perhaps thou knowest of Gorn. He speaks with a most peculiar accent!"
saved his life
      "Gorn wanted to dig for some buried treasure somewhere, when he heard some noise behind him. Upon turning, he was horrified to see a swarm of undead skeletons rushing toward him! In his haste to dig up the treasure, he had unbuckled his belt and laid down his sword. The only thing in his hands was the shovel. He immediately began swinging it and ended up knocking all the skeletons to bits! He now considers it his 'lucky shovel'!"
Britain
      "I have moved my store here as a service to Lord British, who uses me exclusively to outfit all of his various expeditions. It is true!"
moved
      "I used to have my shop in Paws. But no one in Paws has the money to buy much of anything."
Lord British
      "This is Lord British's favorite provisionary shop. He told me so himself. All sorts of famous adventurers pass through these doors. Why, just last week, we had the Avatar himself in this, my very own store!"
another Avatar? 
      "Well, he said he was the Avatar. But then it is not all that unusual encountering some loon or fool who claims to be the Avatar!" He looks at you and for a moment appears a little embarrassed.
buy
      "As I say, we have everything thou dost need to have a jolly splendid adventure!"
      "What wouldst thou like to buy?"
•torch                                  5G
•oil flasks(dozen)         72G
•backpack                       15G
•bag                                     8G
•shovel                            20G
•powder keg                  35G
•lockpick                        10G
•hoe                                 20G
•bucket                             8G

nothing
      "Fine."
bye
      "Good day to thee, milord."

沒有留言:

張貼留言