誰的孩子

 

clip_image001
與一旁正在整理房間的女子講話。

 

clip_image002
Nell
    You see a servant girl who looks at you in wonder. "Thou dost look familiar. Wo art thou?"
Zidane
    "Oh. Hello. I am Nell."
Name
    "I told thee my name is Nell."
Job
    "I am a chambermaid. I am responsible for keeping the castle tidy. Just a servant girl, really."
Castle
    "It is very large. Keeps me very busy. Thou wouldst not believe how dusty it gets."
Servant
    "I suppose I'll always be a servant. My parents are servants. My brother is a servant. My fiance is a servant. My child will probably be a servant."
Parents
    "They work in the castle as well. Boots is my mother. Bennie is my father. They have been here for years. I was born in this castle and played in the nursery."
Brother
    "Thou mightest run into him. He is also a servant in the castle. Charles. Other than not being as smart as I am, he is all right. For a bumbling ass, that is!" She laughs.
Fiance
    "That would be Carrocio, that dear man who runs the Punch anf Judy Show. He writes the loveliest love poetry. We are getting married as soon as Carrocio can afford a wedding ring."
Child
    Nell looks worried. "Shhh! I do not want anyone to know. 'Tis not showing yet, is it? Carrocio and I are getting married as soon as possible. He -is- the father. I think. Then again, it could be... No, probably not him. Or could it be...? Hmmm. That would be interesting! Wait! What am I saying? The father is most definitely Carrocio! Please do not tell anyone. 'Twould be embarrassing. All right?"
Yes
    "I know I can trust thee, Zidane."
Bye
    "Goodbye, Zidane."

 

clip_image003
追根究底是一般常識,所以...

 

clip_image004
Carrocio
    "In a wink, in a word, I do greet thee, Milord."
Nell with child
    Carrocio gives you a shocked look and drops to his knees before. "I beseech thee, milord, keep still thy tongue, My Nell has never harmed anyone. It would cause grievous injury to her reputation. Through the town's wagging lips our secret to spread. 'Twould make a permanent end of my occupation. And kill our hope of a happy life dead."
    He looks you in the eyes, pleadingly. "In thee I must place mine hope and trust, part, parcel and whole. To never again speak of the spoils of my lust. Thou must not tell a soul!"
    He looks at you awaiting some sort of indication. Will you keep his secret?
No
    "Reconsider, I must insist of thee, thou art too thin of hide. If he knew, Nell's brother would murder me. And I would not see Nell widowed before having the chance to become a bride."
Bye
    "Perchance to find in mercy's ear. A voice to know as gentle friend. I bid thee well, but hark return. If thou wouldst see puppet's play or test thy strength again."

 

clip_image005
做事要徹底,這種好消息當然要第一時間處理,立刻回頭找Charles。

 

clip_image006
Charles
    "Hello, Avatar."
Nell
    "She is engaged to the carousel manager. It is hard to get used to. I have always been overly protective of my little sister. I would wager she has never even been kissed! Not even by Carrocio! That is mainly because I have looked after her all this time. I would smite anyone who laid a hand on her! Besides, Nell has always been chaste and prudish. She would never think to allow a man to kiss her."
Child
    You remember what Nell told you about her condition. Do you mention it to Charles?
Yes
    You tell Charles what Nell revealed in confidence.
    Charles is wide-eyed and shocked. "Why, that hussy! My sister! She is nothing more than a tramp! And wait until I get mine hands on Carrocio!"
    Charles turns away. There is murder in his eyes.

 

clip_image007
去警告Carrocio趕緊逃命吧。

 

clip_image004[1]
Carrocio
    "In a wink, in a word, I do greet thee, Milord."
Charles is angry
    "I am grateful for thine honesty about thy lack of care, but why hast thou placed thyself in the center of our affair?"
    "For Nell's sake I could not bring myself to cause harm to her brother. I shall convince him of mine intentions. I love Nell and no other. Leave me now for I must use this time to properly prepare."

沒有留言:

張貼留言